Friday, August 7, 2009

Off to see the wizard...

Okay, not really. This weekend we are headed off to visit our families and go to the amusement park! I'm looking forward to it, but today I have to do some cleaning and laundry and then all of the packing. Why is it that moms always have to do all the packing? Our families live 3-4hrs. away from where we live, so its not too far and we stay with family which has its upsides and its downsides. We are getting together with my inlaws at a park on Saturday, and going to a family reunion for my mom's side on Sunday afternoon. Later on Sunday is when we plan on going to the amusement park. My husband and I met working there during college, and some of the people who used to work there are trying to organize a meet-up for Sunday evening. I thought it would be fun to take the kids, because we haven't been in about 5 years. Our oldest is now tall enough to ride on almost all of the rides - including the big roller coasters! Unfortunately, I won't be able to ride on many of the rides but it should still be fun and I can't wait to see what the kids think of the whole thing. We will have to come back early on Monday morning so Lucas can go to summer school and my husband can get back to work!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun! We, too are off to see family this weekend. Just me and the kid are going to my parents. And yes, the mom always has to pack!

    ReplyDelete