Monday, April 26, 2010

Growing Up

I got asked today if I was a little bit sad that Katy is growing up so quickly, and I am... just a little because she's my last. I LOVE babies and I love the newborn stage! I think I was a lot more sad when my oldest was little and I saw him growing up soo fast. Now, I'm at the point where I actually look forward to each new stage with the kids, and I am mostly happy that they are growing up.

This weekend my oldest made brownies all by himself! I was so proud, and so was he. He was able to read the directions on the package, mix them up, and put them into the oven and turn it on all on his own. Then I was sitting on the couch and Ryan came and sat by me and read a magazine article to me! I was shocked! I did have to help him with a few big words, but other that that he was able to figure out the rest of the words on his own. I just can't believe how well he is reading considering he just turned six and is only in Kindergarten. Andrew continues to amaze me every day with how well he is speaking, and the things that he knows. He is growing up too! Unfortunately, he has no desire to go potty in the toilet like a big boy. I asked him last night where his potty should go and he told me "in my diaper". LOL. Ah well, you can't have everything I guess. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment