Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vacation: Part 1 The trip that almost wasn't!

Back in Feburary I began planning our first family vacation in over 5 years. We decided that we should go and see Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills/Badlands area. I haven't been there since I was a child, and of course the boys have never been there. I didn't want to just camp in a tent, and we don't own a camper, so I booked a 2bdrm cabin w/ a kitchenette. We set out early on Sunday morning and got back last night. I would have loved to stay longer but we were trying to keep the costs down. The trip almost didn't happen due to the fact that I threw my wallet away! Yes, you read that right... I threw my wallet in the garbage. I guess that's what pregnancy brain will do to you. We got all ready to go and woke the kids up at 5am only to realize that my wallet - which contained the credit card we would be using to pay for the trip - was missing. We searched the entire house, van, backpacks, laundry, couch cushions, etc. No wallet. Finally, it was getting close to 6am and I was panicking thinking we would not get to go. I figured I would check the trash bag that I had threw out last night because I had been trying to clean up a little before heading out of town. You see we had just ran to walmart to pick up some last minute supplies for our trip. So I ripped open the bag and dumped the trash all over our garage floor. Sure enough, in with some paper wrappers and such inside a walmart bag was my wallet! Whew! We could go...

No comments:

Post a Comment