Monday, September 28, 2009

First bee sting!

Andrew got stung by a bee over the weekend! :( Our zoo hosts a Chilli cook-off every fall, and for a few dollars you can go and taste all the different types of chili. Then you get to vote for your favorite. They also have music, kids entertainment, and games so its a lot of fun - usually! This year, it did not go very well.
My 5yr. old is extremely scared of bees, I think its part of his anxiety and other issues. We walked over to the zoo and we saw a couple of bees on the way there, and he freaked out! I got him calmed down and we go into the zoo, only to be surrounded by bees! You could not get away from them at all, they were everywhere. Ryan starts trying to run away from the bees, starts screaming, crying, and shaking. It was awful. We got to the 2nd chili booth before I told my husband that I would just take Ryan home, and that he and the other 2 boys could stay as long as they wanted. So I bring Ryan home, and not 5 minutes later he calls me saying that Andrew got stung! Argh, I was afraid that was going to happen! Apparently he had given Andrew some pop, and a bee landed on his hand and then Andrew tried to hit it or get it away and it stung him. I drove over to pick them up, to make sure he was okay and he was fine. We brought him home and applied first aid and I gave him some Motrin for the pain. By the next day you couldn't even tell he had got stung. I'm very thankful he is okay, but sad that we had to miss out on the fun at the chilli cook-off this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment